Date: 17 May 2022
This is a general information notice provided to all visitors to the website(“Website”) in accordance with Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) of Singapore and all other applicable laws (“Applicable Data Protection Legislation”). With this Privacy Statement, CRIF Pte. Ltd. (“we” or “us”) intend to describe the methods of managing this Website with reference to the processing of the Personal Data of visitors who access it.
- “Personal data” means any data (in Singapore, whether true or not) about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.
Collection, Use, Disclosure and Protection of Personal Data
- The kind of Personal Data we collect depends on the purpose for which it is collected. It may include your name, telephone, physical or email address, payment information and etc.
- We generally ask your Personal Data directly from you and get your consent when you interact with us.
- We may collect and use your Personal Data for any or all of the following purposes:
- performing obligations in connection with your access to this Website or providing products and/or services when requested by you.
- verifying your identity.
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications (including job/internship applications), complaints and feedback from you.
- managing, operating, providing and/or administering your use of and/or access to our service and our Website, as well as managing your relationship with us.
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority, including but not limited to the Applicable Data Protection Legislation.
- managing, operating, administering and providing you with as well as facilitating the provision of our Service, including, without limitation, remembering your preferences.
- tailoring your experience through the service by displaying content according to your interests and preferences and submit information to us and allowing us to contact you, if necessary.
- maintaining and administering any software updates and/or other updates and supporting that may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of our service.
- contacting you or communicating with you via voice call, text message and/or fax message, email and/or postal mail or otherwise for the purposes of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our services, such as but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to our service. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by way of the mailing of correspondence, documents or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain Personal Data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages.
- producing statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements.
- carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including, without limitation, background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us.
- auditing our service.
- storing, hosting, backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your Personal Data, whether within or outside of your jurisdiction.
- any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
- We may disclose or share your Personal Data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in connection with your access to this Website or providing products and/or services requested by you.
- to third party service providers, agents and other organizations including our affiliates we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in Section 4 above for us.
- to comply with the prevailing laws and regulations including but not limited to the Applicable Data Protection Legislation and legal process or a request from governmental or regulatory authority in Singapore
- We implement a variety of security measures and strive to ensure the security of your Personal Data in our systems. Your Personal Data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems. However, there can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security.
Withdrawing your Consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your Personal Data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email to us at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to grant your access or continue the services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in Section7 at above.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your Personal Data which we hold about you, you may submit your request via email to us at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the Applicable Data Protection Legislation).
Accuracy of Personal Data
- We generally rely on Personal Data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your Personal Data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your Personal Data by informing us via email at the contact details provided below.
Data Retention Period
- We may retain your data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected or to which you give consent.
- If you cease using the Website, or your permission to use the Site and/or the Services is terminated or withdrawn, we may continue storing, using and/or disclosing your Personal Data in accordance with the prevailing laws and regulations including but not limited to the Applicable Data Protection Legislation. Subject to the prevailing laws and regulations, we may securely dispose of your Personal Data without prior notice to you.
Transfer of Personal Data
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and stored at, a destination outside Singapore. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the Singapore who work for us or for one of our service providers.
- By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We will take appropriate steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
- We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. The amended Privacy Statement will be published on our website.
- For any questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a text string sent by a web server (for example, the website) to the user’s Internet browser, which automatically saves it on the user’s computer and automatically sends it back to the server each time the website is accessed. Each cookie contains different data such as, for example, the name of the server it comes from, a numeric identifier, etc. Cookies can remain in the system for the duration of the session (i.e. until the browser used for web navigation is closed) or for longer periods and may contain a unique identifier code. By default, almost all web browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies. However, each web browser allows cookies to be restricted and deleted (for more information refer to the section in this information notice on “How to enable, disable or delete cookies”). However, disabling or deleting cookies may impede the optimum use of some areas of the website or compromise the use of services requiring authentication.
Types of cookies used by us
- This website uses the following categories of cookies:
- Necessary cookies including Technical Cookies and Functional Cookies:
- Technical Cookies are cookies needed for the proper performance of your websites, such as language preference, to be able to login or to detect fraud with your account.
- Functional Cookies remember your preferences. This includes making it possible to retrieve submitted personal data for some event registrations out of the database, or to remain logged in during a browsing session.
- Third-party cookies: these are set by a website other than the one the user is actually visiting. While navigating the website, the user may also receive cookies sent from other websites or web servers (so called “third parties”), which may contain certain elements (including, for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages from other domains) present on the website the user is visiting. There are two types of Third-party cookies used by us:
- Advertising and Marketing/Re-Marketing refers to use of Your Pixel, Insight Tags, Google Display, Floodlight etc.
- Social Media refers to YouTube, Share buttons, embedded content etc.
- Necessary cookies including Technical Cookies and Functional Cookies:
How to enable, disable or delete cookies
- By default, almost all web browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies. These can be restricted or blocked through the browser settings. If you prefer websites not to save certain cookies on your computer, you can set up the browser so that you receive a notification prior to saving each cookie. Alternatively, you can set up your browser to reject all cookies or only third-party cookies. You can also delete all cookies already on the system. It is important to underline that the settings must be changed separately for each browser and each computer. Blocking cookies does not block advertising. These will simply no longer be customized on the basis of your interests and will be sent more frequently. Settings are changed differently for each browser. If necessary, use the browser Help function to define the correct settings.